The cold winter months may lead you to pile on the extra blankets and unfortunately, some extra winter weight. It seems like every year you go through the same cycle: Your body weight goes up during the winter as you hibernate through the cold dark weather, then there’s a mad rush to get back in shape before summer.
Luckily, there are ways to keep your belly full without packing on the pounds. Staying active, planning ahead and adding more fiber to your diet with Sunfiber may help you avoid gaining unwanted winter weight.
Stop the yearly winter weight gain cycle with these helpful tips:
- Make more home-cooked meals. Cooking at home can enable you to better manage your portion sizes and avoid the temptation of extra sides and desserts on the take-out menu. Restaurants often add extra salt, sugar, butter and other unhealthy ingredients to amp up the flavor. You can make plenty of tasty, healthy recipes at home while knowing exactly what goes into them.
- Increase your daily fiber. Gut health and weight management go hand in hand. Dietary fiber is key to a healthy digestive system, but you might not be getting enough. The recommended daily amount of dietary fiber is 38g for men and 25g for women. Fiber helps you feel full for longer, encouraging you to eat less. You can increase your fiber by adding more whole grains, nuts, seeds, fruits and vegetables to your diet.
Planning and preparing fiber-rich meals isn’t always easy, especially when you’re trying to feed picky eaters. Truly regulating Sunfiber is a simple solution for those who struggle to get enough daily fiber with diet alone. Meeting your daily fiber goals is as easy as mixing a scoop of Sunfiber into your daily coffee, tea or recipe. It dissolves rapidly without altering the taste or texture of your favorite food or drinks.
- Plan your meals in advance. It’s so easy to reach for the phone and dial your favorite take-out restaurant when you don’t have a plan for dinner. Coming up with recipes last minute based on the ingredients you have on hand can result in not-so-great meals that make at-home cooking a chore. Take some time at the beginning of the week to plan healthy meals and snacks for each day, then shop from a list. It’ll take the stress out of cooking and make mealtimes more enjoyable.
- Balance your diet. Holidays are filled with delicious foods and desserts. You can still enjoy that sugar cookie or cup of hot chocolate here and there but focus on moderation and balance. Add an extra serving of fruit to your breakfast and include a few servings of vegetables with every meal. Eat fewer carbohydrate-dense foods. When you do overindulge, Sunfiber can help you avoid unwanted tummy trouble by helping you stay regular.
- Avoid extra snacking. Snacking in the winter can be hard to avoid, especially when there’s not much to do besides sit inside by a warm fire and play board games. Stop and think before you absentmindedly reach into your pantry. Are you really hungry, or is your brain telling you something else? You might actually be thirsty, bored or just tired. Try satisfying one of these needs before grabbing a snack.
Eating fiber-rich foods is another way to steer clear of extra snacks. Soluble fiber slows digestion and keeps you feeling full for longer. One scoop of Sunfiber contains 6 grams of soluble fiber.
- Find creative ways to stay active. Finding the motivation to exercise in the winter can be challenging, especially when daylight hours are short and the weather is chilly. Exercise helps you avoid unwanted weight gain and has a positive impact on your mental health (which can also suffer during the winter months).
There are plenty of ways to get active while staying indoors. Dance to your favorite holiday music, start a new yoga routine or try an at-home workout that doesn’t require gym equipment. If you’re willing to brave the cold, take a walk around your neighborhood to appreciate the holiday lights and decorations
Kiss baggy sweaters and stretchy pants goodbye this winter and make healthy choices to avoid gaining that extra winter weight. Sunfiber may help you stay on track by keeping you regular and helping you stay full.